My name is Katherine L. Fernald and I am a registered, licensed, insurance- accepting, nutritionist with over 20 years of experience. Referrals and inquiries accepted for nutritional concerns including: eating disorders, weight loss or weight control issues for all ages, heart and circulatory related issues, Alzheimers, diabetes, digestive disorders, and other medical concerns. I offer assistance with 12 step recovery programs, medication induced weight gain, complex issues involving: nutrition and pregnancy, breast feeding, cholesterol, blood pressure, and vegetarian nutrition.
I also specialize in co-occurring mental illness and eating disorders or other medical issues. I have experience in nutrition for the old, young, and in- between. I provide family support and involvement as necessary. I am very comfortable with all types of people who have all kinds of concerns. I speak the language of 12 steps and am experienced with people in Overeater’s Anonymous and other Anonymous groups related to food or other issues. I can help with any co-occurring medical nutritional problem. I coordinate when appropriate with all the client’s health care providers including primary physicians, therapists, functional medicine practitioners, and traditional and complementary medicine professionals. I have 2 convenient locations and a flexible schedule. Please call for an appointment or referral.
- Clinical Nutritionist
- Clinical Dietitian
- Registered Dietitian
- Psych-specialist Nutritionist
- Community Dietitian
- Consultant Dietitian
- Holistic or Wholistic Nutritionist
- Wellness Counseling and Coaching
- Years in Practice: 20+ Years
- LDN: Licensed Dietitian and Nutritionist by the state of Massachusetts
- RD or RDN: Registered nationally by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in Human Nutrition
- Maintenance of ongoing continuing education in clinical nutrition and related science